Florida is a great place to start a business, with its large population of more than 850,000 people and its favorable climate for agriculture. From different food services to healthcare and consumer goods, here are the top 15 for-profit businesses you can do in Florida. If you're looking to make some decent money from home in Florida, try online survey jobs. There are many legitimate online survey sites in the United States that offer good revenue opportunities just by sharing your opinions about products and services.
Frozen yogurt consumption is growing rapidly in the United States and Florida has an enormous commercial reach for the business. With a little capital and the right suppliers, you can start your own successful frozen yogurt business. You can even expand and offer franchises in other Florida locations. The most profitable branch of Florida's economy is tourism.
More than 100 million tourists visit Florida every year. Agriculture is the second largest sector of Florida's economy, thanks to its favorable climate that offers a long growing season. This makes production of various types of fruits, vegetables and animals profitable. Florida's third largest economic sector is international trade, which is so developed here thanks to many seaports.
The fourth largest sector of Florida's economy is aerospace and aviation, and the fifth is the life sciences sector. Few states can match the scale and scope of Florida's industrial assets. Supported by the growth of a strong economy, thriving infrastructure, and a world-class workforce, there are nine key commercial industries in Florida. From growing aviation fintech and MRO groups to semiconductor and medical device manufacturing, Florida-based facilities are among the most innovative in the world.
And they chose Florida to call home, where today's leaders commit to keeping business taxes and regulatory requirements low to continue paving the way for their success. Are you thinking of starting a business? With technology on your side and the creative new ways to improve your business that are popping up everywhere, and Seacoast's small business banking solutions, there's never been a better time to be an entrepreneur. And all you need to start your business? A great idea. If you're ready to start a business but don't know where to start, here are 14 business ideas you should consider:
- Online Survey Jobs: There are many legitimate online survey sites in the United States that offer good revenue opportunities just by sharing your opinions about products and services.
- Frozen Yogurt Business: Frozen yogurt consumption is growing rapidly in the United States and Florida has an enormous commercial reach for the business. With a little capital and the right suppliers, you can start your own successful frozen yogurt business.
- Car Rental Company: A car rental company rents vehicles at affordable daily and weekly rates. All kinds of people are interested in car rental.
- Inflatable House Business: Inflatable house businesses are ideal for people who don't mind working on the weekends, who can physically transport these heavy inflatables, and who love working with children.
- Pressure Washer Business: Learn how to start a pressure washer business.
- Clothing Boutique: Attract customers looking for very specific styles and types of clothing with your boutique.
- Wheelchair Repair Business: Currently, statistics show that more than 2.8 million Americans use a wheelchair to move, allowing for greater independence in daily functioning, family life, and vocational environments.
All this use of wheelchairs means there is a great need for repair and maintenance of wheelchairs.
- Auto Repair Shop: Research shows that there are more than 115,000 auto repair and service shops nationwide, each of which fix an average of 55 cars per week. Therefore, there is a growing need for those who can make the process as smooth and painless as possible.
- Website Design Business: Securing a web domain and creating a quality website is important to the overall success of an online business.
- Senior Transition Business: Also consider a business to help seniors transition their homes to assisted living facilities, from packing and transporting to assembling or storing their furniture and possessions.
- Organic Food Restaurant: This trend will most likely strengthen in the coming years, so it's worth investing in healthy, eco-friendly businesses such as organic food restaurants.
- Motel Business: Whether you open an independent property, buy a franchise or buy a motel on the market, these next few years could set you up for success once tourism flourishes again.